Thr33s™ is a progressive wagering dice game that is played by one Shooter against the House and wagered on by the Shooter and/or any number of Observers. The game requires five six-sided dice and optionally a wagering surface laid out with areas for each type of bet to be placed upon such as the ones shown below.
Definition of Terms
- Shooter - The person playing the game who is rolling the dice.
- Observer - Anyone other than the Shooter placing bets on the game.
- Held die - A die that retains it's face value and is no longer rolled.
- Discarded die - A die that has been removed from play.
Bets and Payouts:
- Shooter wins - 3x wager when matching threes or 1/2 wager otherwise
- Shooter loses - Even money (1x wager)
- Shooter wins matching threes - 9x wager
- Shooter wins matching threes in exactly three rolls - 33x wager
Playing the Game:
- The Shooter and/or Observers place wagers with the House.
- The Shooter rolls all five dice. If any three dice match, the Shooter has won in one roll.
- If the Shooter has not won, he must "hold" one of, in order of preference:
- The highest face value matching pair of dice
- A single die with face value of three
- Any single die with face value of the Shooter's choice
- The Shooter discards an unheld die and re-rolls the remaining unheld dice. If any three of the undiscarded dice match, the Shooter has won in two rolls.
- If the Shooter has not won, he must now "hold" all dice matching the face value of the originally held dice.
- The Shooter discards an additional unheld die and re-rolls the remaining unheld dice. If any three of the undiscarded dice match, the Shooter has won in three rolls.
- If the Shooter has not yet won, the Shooter loses.
- The House pays winning wagers.
- Single Communal Surface
- Per-Player Surface